Top Social

EXA Outpost Setiawalk review

Sunday, December 10, 2017
      I went to EXA Outpost which was located in Setiawalk. I've never been to this Setiawalk mall before but it was some kind of an open-air mall. From the outside it looked just like a building of offices also Setiawalk was near to IOI Puchong, actually it was exactly opposite of it. I called the EXA Outpost before I made my way there, the reason is because I wanted to know if I should do a reservation or could I just walk-in? Well they let me know that their last session for that night was at 8.30 and I came right at time. The space were quite limited so I think it's better if you call them first. So what is this EXA Outpost? Ever played laser tag? It was a lot like that but more to add is that it was played using virtual reality(VR). Down here I write down the details of EXA Outpost for reader's reference. Read the whole post to know how my experience went like.

EXA Outpost
B-11-1, Block B
Setiawalk, Puchong.
Tuesday - Thursday: 1 pm - 9 pm (last admission: 8.30 pm)
Friday - Sunday: 2 pm - 10 pm (last admission: 9.00 pm)

This is the entrance to EXA Outpost.

Just a little 'idea' about the game at the entrance.

Gotta go up the stairs to the place.

Go to the counter to see what promo they have as well as to purchase your game.

Few stuffs.

If you plan to come here often with your buds, this is a good deal to grab.

The combo deal I bought.

You may bring your phone or whatever you want to but your homegirl brought her handbag so umm it was safer to store it in the locker while I play the game. Only RM 2 per locker.

The entry to dimension 12.

This lane made me feel like I was in Tron movie for a moment, not so much but kinda.

Before we start playing the game, our guide Faiz gave an insight of what our mission was all about.

We sat here while listening to our guide explanation.

Welcome to Dimension 12, here you can see Faiz is explaining about our guns and how to use it.

The whole time we played the game in here.

As we played the game, we were guided with directions and clues.

The gear I had on, but sorry I wouldn't want to upload me in those...here  .______.

After we finished playing the games, the staff helped us to take off our gears here and ask how we felt about our game.

Our gunssssss.

They are also selling their merchandise, only sold at their place.

The reason that they have these bar tables and chairs are because they offer any private event to take place here. Be it a birthday bash, bachelor party or even a corporate event.

Malay nagging: Fuhh penat sis! Padahal main 20 mins je, sebelum tu I was like, "alaaa kejapnya dapat main" tapi lepas habis main peluh2, namun I gagahkan jua diri utk nampak chill demi satu selfie.

Malay nagging: Banyak kali gak fikir nak upload ke tak, hahahahah sadisnya markah I tp nak buat camne ni my first time and this is obviously not my forte!

Here was my friendly guide for that night, Faiz. Thank you for the good service!

      I bought the Dimension 12 Combo Deal (RM 60); a game of 1 episode which was about 20 mins. You could play the game with a minimum number of 2 persons and a maximum of 4 people. Honestly, my first VR experience was surreal! Sure felt like myself was fully immersed into another place. EXA Oupost equipped best gadgets for the game and one should put these on before playing: 1) VR visor ii) a headset iii) VR backpack and of course, iv) a gun. The game include a lot of shooting and the gun had a sensor which let the player to communicate their position and translate them to in-game positions. Worry not if you are clueless as some points of the game as there will be someone who guide you to complete your mission behind those headset. Although the venue was a tad bit small but overall I had a great night trying out something new and this will definitely make it; for a day out with the buds especially for the guys.
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature