Top Social

Paperfish pokébowl TTDI review

Wednesday, November 15, 2017
      Over the weekend, my sister was home(yay) for our cousin's wedding. Well right after leaving the wedding, my sisters and I wanted to go for some Nyonya festival at Eco World but it was sprinkling rain so nahh that wouldn't be good. Browsed for a good place to dine in with the sisters. I have been craving to eat pokébowl since last month and Paperfish is the place we decided to go that evening. It's located in Taman Tun Dr Ismail, KL (just Waze/Google Map your way there) pretty far from our home, about 35 mins away(not including the time to search for a parking space and the traffic congestion), You may also order through the Foodpanda app and they will deliver it right to your doorstep.

Voila! Our Hawaiian inspired by Paperfish. Looks scrumptious, but does it taste as good as it looks?

This Paperfish sign board lights up at night. Look at its cute origami fish shape! :3

The outside dining space.

So here's the Paperfish food counter(it functions just like the Subway ordering system). Start your way from the left side of the counter.

This is a clear instruction on how to custom order your pokébowl. The best part is the unlimited choice and amount of toppings!

Make your way until you reach the right side of the counter, upon payment let the cashier knows your base and your choice of poké(as well as the additional scoop, if you did). Then wow! I saw their mini glass trophy, they actually won the Battle of Pokébowl but umm we'll see how it taste like...

The interior is mostly white painted giving it a clean finish look(spot my sister).

From left to right: mine, Sofia's, Leyka's. So for my pokébowl, I chose quinoa as a base and had to add +RM6.00 for it because it's a premium base, along with a sriracha mayo on top of it. For the sides, I picked broccoli, edamame, tomatoes, and olives whereas spicy salmon(raw salmon my fav ofc) as my poké. My toppings were spring onions, shrimp ebiko(raw shrimp eggs), seaweed flakes and sundried tomatoes.

Well we changed our seats later on (n . n)

Make sure to clean up your trays, bowls, cutlery and even mugs to the disposable bin provided. Be responsible for your own trash, please.

There's also a bar seating facing the glass.

And you could write a feedback to them regarding Paperfish's food and services.

The outside bar seating which was also facing the glass. Wow! Wouldn't it be awkward if you're sitting there alone and someone is also eating alone seated opposite of you inside of the shop. Hahaha it's inevitable but isokay.

Fun thing! Write a message or do a doodle, anything you like.

And later paste it on this wall. Mark your presence :)

Here's me in my naked face looking pale and my two sisters who haven't removed their makeup after the wedding. Yes, just so yknow I have to state that.

      Thinking rationally now.. it wasn't really that worth it unless we were hanging around TTDI few hours before we dine in since it's quite far from our home and the trip home was horrible because we were stuck in a traffic congestion along the federal highway. The food? Mehh, I don't really get the hype though. Yknow how they say healthy food aren't always bland and all. Well, my spicy salmon pokébowl was quite a disappointment(to me), the salmon really didn't taste as good and fresh as it should be, tasted like it was lack of something, I've had better raw salmon before. The quinoa was overcooked and the sauce really didn't make up for it. For the price, I didn't think it was worth it at all. Mine was priced at RM25.90(overpriced don't you think?) and Leyka took the same pokébowl as me(spicy salmon) which cost RM19.90 also ended up as bland as mine. I think Sofia had a good meal, the winner was the Cajun Chicken pokébowl and a Japanese egg roll(pls have this one if you're ordering) as one of her sides, marinated spices for the grilled chicken was so flavorful! Her pokébowl was only RM16.90, haih the cheapest and the most worthy of all among the three of us haha. 

Food:
Service: 
Ambiance: 
Cleanliness:
Value for money:

Hope the next review will be a lucky gamble of food tasting. Well to more foodventure soon! 
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature